History and Visit
The history of the Els Calderers estate can be traced back to the year 1285 when the manor is mentioned in historic records for the first time as belonging to the Calderers family. In the 18th century the noble family Ver? bought the entire estate. The present imposing main building was probably construted from 1750 on and continuosly expanded until the early 19th century.
The estate of Els Calderers lies in the village of Sant Joan. It can be reached by driving along the main road leading from Palma to Manacor (exit and sign at kilometer mark 37). the entire estate includes the main building, secondary buildings, dog houses, and field. Of note are the barns, horse stebles, and chicken coop. Indigenous animals are held here, among them being the well-known black pig from which the delicious Majorcan "sobrasada" is made. In addition, various workshops such as the smithy with its historic tools, a bakehouse, a shed, and a laundry where clothes were washed and dyed are located here.